7th Annual Asia Islamic Banking and Takaful Conference
Date : 28 – 29 August 2017
Venue : InterContinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Organizer : Fleming.
Since the 1960s, when bankers in Muslim-majority Malaysia launched an alternative system, known as Islamic finance, which offers personal finance and commercial instruments that are compliant with Islamic law. The country has established itself as a global hub for Islamic finance, in terms of government and regulatory support and market innovation. This growth has been hindered by the lack of awareness among the public on Islamic alternative modes of banking, insurance and investment.
The Asia Islamic Banking & Takaful Conference will focus on insights into the Islamic Banking & Takaful sector, analyze the trends driving the growth of this sector and how to enable the adoption of these practices to conventional banking systems through presentations & discussions by leading government officials, industry experts and leaders.
Annual CEO Roundtable Fatwa Session, Parallel Takaful Stream, Two Masterclasses, AIBTC Innovations Awards, Annual C-Suite Roundtable, Technology Power Table, Regional Case Studies, IFRS 9 Workshop.
Honorary Keynote Address
YBhg Tan Sri Dr Mohd Irwan Serigar bin Abdullah
Secretary General of Treasury
Ministry of Finance, Malaysia
Zahid Ur Rehman Khokher
- Expert analysis: Islamic finance roadmap for asia
- Are Islamic banks well positioned to survive in an era of low oil prices?
- How can Islamic finance adapt to the Fintech revolution?
- How takaful operators can rise to the challenge of digital disruption and maximize through it?
TAKEAWAYS AND SPECIAL FEATURES
- Analysing the progress of the Islamic banking and takaful sector in terms of product innovations, infrastructure and institutional development, regulatory advancement
- IFRS 9: adapting to new international book-keeping rules due to come into force in 2018
- Impact of ASEAN regional integration through greater financial integration thus boosting cross border transactions
- Case study: developing the Islamic capital market from the perspective of benefits, policy and legal frameworks
- Risk management and governance in takaful
- How well are the IBs in the region prepared to deal with disruptions in the banking industry due to financial technology, or FinTech?
Fleming. connects great people, useful know-how and valuable opportunities. With 12 years in the business and 300+ events organized annually, Fleming. has grown to offer a portfolio of Conferences, Trainings, Exhibitions, Blended Learning and Online Conferences. Present on five continents Fleming. has partnerships to always stay one step ahead. More than 50,000 satisfied companies participating at our events every year prove that Fleming. is the right partner.